Sunday, January 6, 2013

From Travesty to Faith

We each suffer from qualities or traits that we wish did not exist in us.  For me, I have insecurities that drive me crazy at times.  I doubt myself.  I feed into the insecurity.  I hide from life.  I don't believe in myself.  I let it all limit me.


Guess what? There is one that enjoys this process - the devil.  He flourishes when I listen to that negative voice, when I doubt my capabilities, when I allow that voice to hold me back.  It is a travesty of the mind - truly.

My fear gets in the way of me following God, living out what he wants for my life.  It clouds my vision, brings me down, creates battles in my head...and really accomplishes nothing.  And, the devil throws a party every single time that happens, every single one.  I could get down on myself when I allow that to happen or I can choose to pray right then and there to give my fear over to the One that can eradicate it.  I can stop and realize:  " God would never say that about me.  God loves me regardless of how many times I stumble.  THIS ISN'T OF GOD."

Further, I can...no...will rededicate myself (flaws and fears) to God.  I will open every corner of my heart to his goodness and grace.  I will strive in faith to continue walking (or running) for Him.  And, if necessary, I will awake the next day and rededicate all over again before the devil gets a foothold on my day.

Call it a pact for my life, but I refuse to allow someone - devil or earthly person - to tell me that I am not enough.  I was uniquely made for a purpose.  I will strive to do that which I feel God is directing me toward.  My lifelong prayer will be that my faith grow deeply and take root, growing into a fortress, impenetrable by the dark one. 

Do you need to consider rededicating your life, giving up your fears? 


      
NOTE:  My marathon, crazy as it sounds, is my journey in faith to something I feel God wants to use.  And, I'm along for the ride...err run.

Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.  This is my God and I will praise him.  My father's God, and I will exalt him."                            

No comments: